During this endless rainy season, it's important to eat foods to help us feel our best. Ginger is a common herb used in Chinese Medicine for many different purposes. Here are 10 terrific benefits of ginger:
1. Feeling nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey (candied ginger is deliciously sweet & spicy, and it helps settle your stomach).
2. Can't stop a toot-a-thon? Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
3. Tummy moaning and groaning? Munch on ginger.
4. Is this damp weather giving you achy joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
5. Throat and nasal congestion? Stir up some ginger tea (but please avoid if you have a sore throat).
6. Ginger clears the 'micro-circulatory channels' of the body, like those stubborn sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
7. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Psst..the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties).
8. Haven't been feeling hungry but know that you shouldn't skip a meal? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
9. Feel a cold coming on (ie: chills, achy muscles, runny nose and sneezing)? Ginger tea (or ginger in anything) can warm up your body and assist your immunity to fight that virus!
10. Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.